April 17: Conference on “Growing Sustainable Businesses” Call for papers
CALL FOR PAPERS
Conference on “Growing Sustainable Businesses”
April 17, 2015
Organized by: Tilburg University, the Corporate Entrepreneurship Research Center
and the Tilburg Sustainability Center
Increasingly, entrepreneurs and managers see sustainability and sustainable growth not only as a responsibility but also as an opportunity. Successful sustainable businesses need to achieve both their sustainability goals and develop business models that provide for longer term survival, in other words, be financially sustainable. One of the most critical challenges to starting-up and achieving sustainable growth for new businesses is the entrepreneurs’ ability to attract and properly manage resources.
In this conference, we invite scholars with an interest in growing sustainable businesses, from fields such as entrepreneurship and small business studies, corporate entrepreneurship, and sustainable entrepreneurship to submit conference papers related to this general theme. Topics that conference papers may address (but are not limited to) are:
- Which conditions offer the most fertile grounds for starting and growing (sustainable) businesses?
- How can new and growing sustainable businesses best obtain and manage resources?
- How do sustainability goals influence the business model?
- How does firm size influence the growth of sustainable businesses?
- What is required of (corporate) entrepreneurs in terms of knowledge, skills, and attributes to successfully grow a business?
- Are sustainable businesses creating opportunities or solving market failures?
- What role does regulation or certification play in the growth of sustainable businesses?
- What affects the performance and survival of sustainable businesses?
- What is the role of social networks (including alliances and partnerships)?
The conference is open to a variety of methodologies, from large-scale empirical research to insightful case study approaches. Papers selected for the conference are eligible for publication in an edited volume.
Those interested in presenting a paper at this conference should send a 250 word abstract to
Prof. Dr. Geert Duysters (Professor of Entrepreneurship at Tilburg University and Scientific Director of the Tilburg Center of Entrepreneurship) via email@example.com before or on January 31, 2015.
The conference on Growing Sustainable Businesses is a one-day conference and will be held on
Friday April 17, 2015 on the premises of Tilburg University, Tilburg, the Netherlands.
Prof. Dr. Geert Duysters
Dr. Marjan Groen
Dr. Jeroen Kuilman
Dr. James Small